Finding an instrument for a kid is really high. As a parent, you are already looking for best musical instruments for kids and you want to pick right one, right now! The task is really overwhelming! There are various of choices. Woodwinds, brass, strings, percussion, guitar, drums, piano there are too many options out there. So which musical instrument is right for your kid?
Do Your Homework
You can narrow down your search area by this simple tip! First of all, you have learned how instruments sound, after that you will definitely eliminate most of the instruments in the list. Nobody wants to play something they don’t like if your kid enjoys the sound of the instrument what’s the point of playing it! You can check some videos on the internet for different instruments. A person who is good at music might be able to demonstrate some of the instruments for you. There are many instrumental solos at the youtube which you can check easily!
There is No Harm in Trying!
If you found the sounds that please your kid and you, it’s time to try some of these instruments! If you have some nearby local music store, you can go there and ask trying to instruments! Mouthpieces are generally different in this term, you can’t use someone else’s mouthpiece. However, you can easily try other musical tools with ease! You can just hold it in your hands and get the feeling in your hand. You can also contact your kid’s school, their music teacher will most likely have most of the instruments and you can try them!
You are definitely good to try most of the instruments at a local music store. But you have to remember that, you won’t turn into a Mozart first time you are playing it! Your kid is definitely trying to get the feeling of a real musical device here! Your kid should feel comfortable with the instrument he or she plays! However, comfort is not everything. There are some physical capabilities needed to play some of the instruments out there! Let me give you an example, if your child got really tiny hands, you might have a problem while playing the piano, certain chords are definitely hard to reach. Trombone generally requires long arms to play which can be hard for some kids out there. I suggest not start to trombone for your kid until he or she is around 14-15 years of age! Brass instruments, on the other hand, is definitely going to be hard for children with braces, it’s a painful experience to force something in your mouth when you have braces! You should consider all the factors I mentioned above and find a suitable musical instrument for your kid. The size of kid’s hand, mouth and arms are definitely important.
It Must Match Your Kid’s Personality
Personality is a really important aspect of our lives, it defines you, it makes you as a person. Most of the kids develop their personality in the later stages of their life. However, you probably have some knowledge about your child better than anyone else. If your kid is a shy one, you should stay away from loud instruments. It might make the kid uncomfortable. If your kid is too social, he or she might have trouble learning playing piano. The piano needs a special work on it’s on! Bands will be great for that of kids! You should also consider the facts about your home, is there enough space for your kid to practice, are they any close neighbors? Etc.
Budget is really important of course, most of the hobbies need a percentage of financial dedication. You have to upgrade your kid’s musical device as he or she grows up. However, there are some instruments like brass which doesn’t require an upgrade. Drums on the other hand, definitely going to need an upgrade when your kid grows up! Upgrading is not the only thing necessary sometimes you are going to pay for repairs of the instrument. It’s definitely going to be necessary. Lastly, you have to pick something that your kid can enjoy and have a great time! First musical is really important but you can also change it anytime! Just try to make sure you got the best one…
Most Suitable Musical Instruments for Kids
Guitar For Kids – Hohner HAG250P 1/2 Sized Classical Guitar
- Sturdy build.
- High-quality material.
- 1/2 of the classical guitar.
- Suitable for kids between 3 and 8 years old.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Best seller classical guitar for kids.
- You shouldn’t buy this guitar for kids above 8 years old!
- Despite the low price, it’s extremely high quality definitely suggested!
- If you want to change them for a better sound quality. You have to order 1/2 size of the classical guitar settings! You can find them here!
Best Percussion For Kids – Remo Kids Percussion Floor Tom Drum
- Great started drum for kids.
- Suitable for kids between 2 and 7 years of age.
- Very sturdy drum.
- High-quality and durable.
- You can even get this one for toddlers!
- The drum comes with two mallets so you don’t have to buy separate ones!
- This will make a great birthday or Christmas present.
Best Piano For Kids – Schoenhut 30-Key Fancy Baby Grand with Bench
- Great for the beginning piano journey!
- 30-key baby grand is suitable for kids between 2 and 8 years of age.
- Meets all of the product standards.
- Width of the keys is great for kids. It enables to play the piano efficiently for the kids.
- It comes with Schoenhut tri-play learning system.
- The bench is also included in the package.
- It’s the best piano for kids on the market!
- Easy to put together.
- This is not a real piano so keep that in mind before buying. It’s going to make toyish sounds but it’s okay in the beginning!
Best Drum for Kids – Mendini by Cecilio 13 Inch 3-Piece Kids
- Suitable for ages between 3 and 8 years old.
- 3 pieces drum set perfect for beginners!
- 8″ cymbal arm.
- 13″ x 8″ bass drum.
- 8″ x 6″ mounted drum.
- 10″ x 4″ snare drum.
- Adjustable drum throne which allows the setting of perfect height!
- You can easily replace the drumheads with quality ones!
- The quality is great and easy to put together.
- I think this is the best drum set for kids. However, there is another website which reviewed the same drum set but they picked another one! You can check their reviews here!
Benefits of Musical Instruments For Kids
There are tons of benefits when it comes to playing musical instruments. Learning something new is definitely good for most of the people. It’s going to provide your kid a lifetime of benefits. There are physical, emotional and psychological benefits out there waiting for your kid to get! There are absolutely no limits for a person when he or she starts learning a musical instrument. I’m going list a few things on why you should get a musical instrument for your kid!
- Some of you might be aware that learning new musical instruments have a positive effect on your brain. Younger people tend to increase their IQ if they listen or play music. They also do better in the terms of reading and brain development. It’s also true for adults, it helps you to stay active and alert. It also helps to sharpen the memory.
- You probably tried learning a second language in your life. It’s so hard and fun at the same time! You’ve to be disciplined if you want to learn something new. Learning new skills is hard and it needs dedication! It’s the same with musical instruments, you have to dedicate your life to it if you want to master it! Your kid is going to be on a long road and it definitely improves your kid in terms of dedication and determination.
- Kids are generally fun creatures to be around. However, as they grow up they might become stressed like an adult. Listening or playing musical instruments will definitely improve the level of mood. Soft music is generally great for relaxing, playing musical instruments is definitely great for both mind and soul!
- We all know the joy of success, whenever we achieve something we feel like we are on the top of the world! Now imagine that your kid learned to play his or her first art piece, that’s definitely going to be a good memory for rest of the person’s life. This sense of success will have positive effects on the later stages of life!
- Last of all, when your kid finally masters the musical instrument, the kid might want to pursue that goal professionally. It’s great to have secondary skills in life, you will never know what to expect and when.
There are many benefits of playing musical instruments. Especially it’s perfect for the kids. Check out the post completely and take a look at best products on the market. I already reviewed most of them for you. You can still read other websites on the internet if you want to gain information about musical instruments! Always do your homework people!